So, Jerry Rice is now a Seattle Seahawk…
You think the Star Tribune would have picked a better image of the First Lady, but nooo…. They pick the one of her checking the mic and looking all cross eyed and stuff.
We are all very aware of the tragedy that occurred on September 11, 2001. It is something I will not forget and it is etched in my mind for what I feel will last an eternity. The vivid images of seeing the second plane (United 175) hit the south tower, plus the subsequent replays on television, is something that was jaw dropping and surreal.
Continue reading “9-11 Commission Reportings”
I am again reading an article online today that just blew my mind. This time it happens to be from ESPN and it has to do with the University of Geroga�s assistant basketball coach’s class in Coaching Principle and Strategies of Basketball. This class was a total joke from what I read and anyone who took a PE class in any level of education would know the answer to these questions. I will provide you a sample, ‘How many points does a 3-point field goal accout for in a Basketbal Game?’ The test is multiple choice and the answers to pick from are, �a. 1, b. 2, c. 3, d. 4.�
Continue reading “If I were only an athlete”
Well, this really isn’t about the Caucuses that took place today, but rather about an image that I saw on the Seattle Times web page. The image really says a lot, in my opinion. They, Urban Outfitters, claim that the shirt was “never meant to be misconstrued as an anti-voting T-shirt.” Heh, yeah, right. My stance on voting is as follows. Vote and you have the right to bitch all you want. If you don’t vote, then shut the hell up and talk to someone who cares.
I was reading my dailiy humor news from fark.com and I came across this article about how much people really pass gas. And I quote, “According to the National Institutes of Health, the average person passes intestinal gas from 14 to 23 times a day and produces about 1 to 3 pints of the stuff.” Dang, we pass gas a lot during the day. Now, this goes for the dudes as well as the laides. So, ladies, don’t be shy if you pass gas during the day. The study says you should at least 14 times. Now, what causes you to pass gas? Well, here are some food items that would do it to you:
- Vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, onions, artichokes, and asparagus
- Fruits such as apples, pears, and peaches
- Whole grains, such as whole wheat and bran
- Sodas and fruit drinks
- Foods with sorbitol, often used as a sweetener in sugar-free gums and candies
So, if you are into things like the above, you might pass gas more than most of us. But, who am I to guess. If you are really embasrassed that you pass gas during the day it is reccommended that you do the following if you want to reduce your gas you could try the following:
- Avoiding anything that might increase your chances of swallowing air, such as smoking, drinking through straws, and eating too quickly
- Avoiding or cutting down on problematic foods, such as carbonated drinks, beans, and some raw vegetables
- Considering a food diary. If you can’t figure out what may be causing your increased gas, try keeping a journal of what you eat. You may find one or two foods that seem to increase your symptoms.
There you have it, the real scientific crap on passing gas. Now, go feel specialand don’t be around me when you pass gas, because if you are, I might just fight back.